First Wednesday's (Every 1st Wednesday of the month) at Kat's Cafe will play host to Poetry. This poetry will be in the form of an "Open Mic" series hosted by yours truly; Graffiti Bleu. Those of you who've participated or frequented the shows last year, that featured the Poet Quartet known as "The Collective" have heard me say "This is NO open mic" religiously at the start of each show. I would do this not because I thought I was above Open Mic night. (Many have interpreted my rant as such... Shout - out to all who still believe me to be "Hollywood" with the trash talk) I said it repeatedly because the shows performed by The Collective simply weren't in that category. For the record; I love open mics, and I perform at them frequently. I will however confess, that few promoters and business owners showcase spoken word and the artist who perform it, the way I feel that they should be showcased. So I find it quite ironic that Kat would bless me with the opportunity to host an "Open Mic" night the way I see fit...
So let's lay down some guide - lines shall we?
1) There will be a cash prize of $100.00 for the poet who performs the most heart felt poem of the night.
2) The only poets that will be eligible for the cash prize will have to sign-up IN ADVANCE by filling out the information above on this page of this website.
3) There will also be a sign-up sheet at the door of the event (Kat's Cafe) for artist to sign-up and perform. However, I will reiterate... only performers who book and secure their slot On-Line and in advance will be eligible for the cash prize of $100.00
4) The winner of the cash prize will be voted on by the audience and judges.
5) Every artist that performs will be interviewed by the host after their performance. So if you're an artist who has product to push, or something to advertise, you will certainly get your chance to do so.
Thank You for your time... GB